Sunday, October 12, 2008

Texas! Fight!

WOW! The TX-OU game was one of the best games I have ever seen, hands down. So exciting, never a dull moment, and what a great match. And it doesn't hurt that we beat them handedly!
We had fun watching the game at the ranch with Ma Pam, Papa, Aunts Kathy, Becky and Janise, and Grandma Margaret. Papa cooked a delicious meal. Our contribution was UT themed cupcakes. Reese thought they were pretty good! (Photos courtesy of Kathy Coburn)

Thankfully, the icing and cake matched R's outfit.



Reese really got into it as the game was nearing the end and we were all feverishly yelling each time we scored--she'd run around the room yelling, "Hook 'em Horns, they did it!" and give everyone a high five. She took a picture (with some assistance) of Papa proudly flashing his horns after the game.

Unfortunately, she woke up yesterday coughing and sneezing. I could tell it was allergies--all the classic symptoms, no fever, etc. And after everyone left yesterday, the high ragweed levels combined with the high level of excitement of the day took its toll on her. I had to come back in and fetch her nebulizer and Albuterol and give her numerous breathing treatments through the evening and overnight--her asthma was really bad. I wasn't far from making the call to bring her in to Dell at about 3:30 this morning. Luckily, I gave her a breathing treatment and she responded pretty well to it and was able to get a few more hours sleep. I, however, could not do anything but listen to her breathing and feel her heartbeat--I was so worried about her. She is still pretty congested today and having lots of breathing problems, so the treatments will ensue. I feel so bad she inherited this from me, I know how it hard it is as a child to have allergies and asthma. Hopefully, after her nap (currently happening) and an extremely relaxed afternoon and evening at home (plus treatments, vapor baths and steam showers), she will feel better and we'll both have a better night. There's always hope, at least!
Hook 'em horns again, y'all!

4 comments:

emmylou + miller said...

Yes, it was such an awesome game!!! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend and I'm so glad Reese is enjoying preschool these days.

I hope those allergies and asthma get better soon! I had both as a kid and know how miserable they are... Sending our hugs!

M. Mehta said...

What a fun football party!
Sorry to hear about the breathing troubles though. I hope last night was better!!!

ashley said...

cute pictures!!

how is reese feeling today? any better?

Erin said...

Quinn wants to know if she can borrow R's fab dress next year during football season! :)