Monday, October 6, 2008

Questionable fashion choices and hiding tactics

First, let's discuss the outfit Reese picked out for me to wear to the grocery store this afternoon:

A pink cotton skirt, red patent leather purse and silver/cork stilettos. Presumably topless. CLASSY! Oddly enough, I decided not to take her advice and stayed in what I already was wearing.
At the H-E-B, we picked up some princess napkins for her lunchbox and also decided we wanted to make apple muffins tonight for brekkie tomorrow.

We did have to try them after baking, of course. They are delicious!

And we discussed how I would put a muffin in her lunchbox, along with the fancy napkin. I am grasping at the little things here, in an effort to make school more enticing, and well, appetizing.
So after our muffin snack, we played hide and seek, which is R's absolute fave these days. She adores hiding, constantly wants to be covered up, closed in, and what not. But frankly, she's just not a very effective little hider. She waits for about a nanosecond before yelling, "I'm in here! I'm over here!" So I don't think she quite understands the whole concept. This was probably confirmed when she told me it was my turn to hide and I agreed, at which point, she took my hand and offered, "C'mon, let me show you where to hide." Ummmm.....
So, we clearly have some future work to do with styling and hiding, but first things first: here's hoping for another okay day tomorrow at preschool! Night, y'all.

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

I see a future for Reese in fashion. :) And I would like an apple muffin, please. They look delicious!!!

Cord Shiflet said...

That outfit looks like something Anne would have worn to the story. Maybe Tatum has been sharing fashion ideas w/ Reese. When are they going to play again? We need to do a kiddie dinner together or something.