Monday, October 27, 2008

Gigi and Poppy's visit

Gigi and Poppy paid us a visit today! We had a great time. While Poppy was at his meeting, the three girls had a lot of fun. Gigi arrived wearing a spider on her head, which immediately delighted Reese. Also immediately, it was on her head.

Modeling the Fall 2008 line of spider headwear.

Gigi and Reese, pretending to be spiders.

Gigi, you're funny!

Gigi came prepared with all sorts of Halloween goodies for Reese. Reese did not mind that a bit. Here are some more stylish Halloween headwear options. These light up, too!

Not the best pic, but I'm including so you can see how very cute R's "pirate shirt" (as she calls it) looks. Um, where can I get one in my size?

We had a fun afternoon with Gigi, eating lunch at Central Market, playing on the playground there, and grocery shopping. Then we picked up Poppy, and he came over and danced with R for awhile and visited with us as well. Here they are, seeing exactly who had the loudest shoes. I think it went to Reese.

We had a great time today with the Bains and can't wait to see them again soon!


Here are a few pics from a couple of days ago. I never got around to blogging about them but want to include them here. Reese and I were playing hide and seek in my room, and she was being especially funny and cute. This is the "up to trouble" look....

Mommy and Reese taking an arm-extended pic. Not sure why R's pointing to her teeth (unfortunately, that's probably the "cheeeese" thing happening again). Also not sure why I am experiencing extreme T-zone oiliness and frizz-o-matic hair....

Oh yes, you will be seeing this shirt at least one more time before the week's end.

What gets me is that my 2-year-old understands and remembers the function of each of our approximately 85 remotes. I can't figure out which ones go in which room, let alone which appliances they control. Here she is, operating the fan. Okay, I do know this one but only because it is white and stands out.

Watch out, here comes Frankenstein! Mmmwaaaah!

And so kicks off our Halloween week. I love this holiday, so hopefully there will be some fun stuff to post about in the next several days. Happy haunting!

1 comment:

M. Mehta said...

Oh my gosh, y'all look like you're having so much fun! I love it!!! Gigi rocks for all the Halloween goodies-- that witch hat is awesome. And I love R's pirate shirt. I would like one in my size, too, please. :) The extend-o-arm pic-- a classic. There will be many more of those, I think. Happy Halloween Week!!!