Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

I will start out by saying: I survived my 15 year HS reunion! Okay, to be totally fair, I not only survived it but also actually enjoyed it. It was fun seeing everyone, and I think Reese and I chatted with just about everyone there. It's fun to reconnect, although Facebook has also really helped with that, so I already at least had an idea of what was going on in most people's lives. The party was really lovely--the Shiflets hosted at their beautiful home and everyone really seemed to enjoy the great setting. There were a lot of kiddos, which pleased Reese. She loved playing with her pals Tatum and RJ, loved dancing with some new friends and really loved the bounce house. Moon walk. Whatevs. She loves to bounce! So, I took my camera to the reunion and pulled it out to take pics a whopping zero times. There was a professional photog there so maybe I can figure out how to get some of his shots.
We got a text from Cord this a.m. inviting us over to bounce since they had the bounce house for an extra day. We definitely took him up on that--and here are some great pics he took with his nice camera! I have to say, it has been a loooong time since I have stepped foot in a moon walk (really, what are these things called?). I even got in there and bounced with R when I was pretty sure no one was paying attention. FUN! I think the pictures speak for themselves--Reese had a wonderful time, also evidenced by the fact that she took a four hour nap afterwards. But this was after she told me that was in fact not leaving the Shiflets house and was just going to stay there instead of come home with me. Ahem.



Reese and Tatum had a blast.

R's buddy Tatum.

Reese lovingly tackled Tatum's cousin, Natalie. Luckily, she has an older brother and wasn't fazed by the exuberant display of affection.

This exuberance often causes other less suspecting children to break into tears.


I get knocked down! But I get up again!

Sorry, Reese. You are not allowed to try out for any Whitesnake videos, I don't care how good you hair looks blowing in the wind.



Reese also decided that wading might be a good idea and got pretty soaked in the Shiflet's pool. Remember, this is the initial site of the swimming lessons that I've gone on and on about. So I guess that's a good sign, although obviously, there was no swimming at this time of year.

2 comments:

Bain said...

absolutley love the pics, especially the whitesnake video pose! I guess Reese forgot about the swim lessons.

M. Mehta said...

Whitesnake video! CRACKING me up!!!