Saturday, November 8, 2008

That's my girl!

I asked R what she wanted for lunch today and she said, "Tacos." I love it! So we scooted over to Cabana (you see, we're very health conscious around here) for some fine dining, drive-thru style. Of course I already knew that our girl loves queso and that she loves tacos, probably due to the vast quantities of Tex-Mex I ate while pregnant. And also continue to eat. But imagine the culinary delight R encountered when she realized she could dip her taco into the queso!
Trying it out:

Yum yum!

We work on manners often, as you can tell.

God help me, "cheeeeeeese," quite literally this time. Be forewarned that you will probably see this face or some variation when we wish you happy holidays via card.

How can this scene get more Texan, you ask? Here's the answer:

Girl loves her Mexican food!
I just had, um, a little too much fun at Saks this afternoon. During the process, I saw a bunch of teenage girls getting their make-up done, presumably for the WHS Homecoming dance (was this a big deal when we went there? I remember the games, pep rallies, and total football domination that was the early 90s Chaps, but I don't remember the dance at all; however, these gals were sure getting all dolled up). I decided to spare them with my comments about how I was attending my 15th reunion, and in the process also spared myself the experience of being "that lady" that offers information that is neither interesting nor desired. I think it was a good decision. Anyway, gotta go primp myself for the big 1-5 reunion...

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Tacos and queso-- best combo ever. Nice going, Reese! Welcome to our culinary world. :)

BTW, how was the reunion? We'd like an update, please!

Erin said...

K recently learned how to do horns and he has taken to waving them at people while yelling "Hook 'em Horns!" out of the blue. I'm so proud. :)