Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random pics, random life

Here's a blog post about all sorts of unrelated items. Let's start, shall we??
Reese goes over to aunts Kathy and Janise's house at least once a week to play while I get stuff done. I think it's a mutually beneficial arrangement for all parties involved. Kath sent over some pics after her play time yesterday. She looks so grown up in these pics to me!
Here she is, at the computer. She's already got the teenage slouching posture down.

Cleaning whilst wearing glasses.

Cleaning sans glasses.

Two nights ago was a particularly "terrible twos" evening. I was cooking dinner and R knocked over a full Nalgene of water, dumped a plate of shredded cheese on the floor and then did this:

Notice that not only has the entire bag of chips been emptied out, the chip clip has been broken. Awesome! Also, she's rocking shoes, shirt and diapers. Kuz it's klassy.

And to wrap up the random pics, a few from reunion night: me and my date, the best one at the party!


Making funny faces!

This is a busy week for me with work. I have graded the third exam and am preparing to hand back the first three exams so the students can use them to study for the final. People tend to become even more high maintenance than they have been all semester. There is a lot of obsessing about," Okay, if I score XYZ on the final, what does that give me for the semester?" I always feel like responding: A) "figure it out yourself: the first three exams count 20 percent each, the final 40 percent, now grab your calculator and get to it!," and also B) "if you spent the time you are wasting obsessing on what you can and can't score on the final actually studying for the final (novel idea!), maybe you will have a better chance. Just maybe?" And finally, C) "no, you can't take the final orally (???) and also, no, I will not 'just pass you because you really do know the material'" (it's happened more than twice, friends).

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Ah, the cleaning pics bring back memories. My mom will tell you all about my short-lived 'career' at Montessori school cleaning. Nice work, Reese. :)

All I can say about your HM students is WOW. I love self-entitlement. :)

Bain said...

great funny faces! The excuses and student inquiries remind me of my college days, if only I had thought to try to take some exams orally! You would have hated me as a student...