Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A bunch of sicko's

So, Mommy was down for the count for a little while too. I think I finally got that cold that everyone else has had and cannot seem to get rid of (namely, Reese). It's been a miserable sniffly few days for both of us. We've been pretty puny and pathetic but we are bouncing back. I'm still, ahem, taking a break from working out for the most part (cough cough and all) (also, not necessarily good because I am heading to FL in a week and that means bathing suits), but today we were back to the normally daily biz. Or at least Reese went to school, and had a great day! Yea! And I whipped up a delicious tortilla soup in the slow cooker. I love my crock pot in an unhealthy Stepford kind of way. Anyway, as we were waiting for the home cooked meal, R practiced her photography. Let me tell you, Oswalds, I am practically giving this one away. Clearly, she's got the artistic eye and all. Obv!

Then, as I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, I gave Reese her mac and cheese. Because she ate approximately zero percent of the soup I cooked. Anyway, I look over and she is shuttling mac and cheese between her bowl and an ice tray (????). No, really: "????" We have an automatic ice maker. We don't use these--they've been stored away after I got over my desire to cook, puree and freeze my own organic baby food after doing it all of one time. However, if you are curious: an ice cube tray size serving is perfecto for babies, hence the ice cube trays. So, she told me this is the way Peter Pan likes to eat it. I snatched away the rest of the bowl and put it up, but lo and behold Reese/Peter was eating it out of the little ice cube slots. Um, okaaay.

Here's "Peter" with a tell-tale mac and cheese face

Showing the doll how to play the "pin-yo"

Rather forcefully showing the doll how to play

Cutie in a hat


So, I think I'm mainly back from the sickly pity party. Which is a good thing. That is, unless we get the stomach virus (blech) or the chicken pox, which is apparently going around R's classroom (GAAAAAAAAAH). I just assume that we're going to get everything that is going around now that she's in school. But somehow we avoided the hoof-and-mouth, oops, I mean, hand-foot-and-mouth virus when it swept through the 2's at school. Whew.
Oh, another good thing (maybe?): I was reading the Oprah interview with Brad Pitt today and apparently, the first Brangelina spawn, Shiloh, will only answer to the names Peter or John. Intrigued, I read on. Brad said it was "a Peter Pan thing." Huh....sounds vaguely familiar....very interesting....
So to conclude the post, I will end with some mildly related trivia: Angelina Jolie and I share the *exact* same birthdate. Month, year, day, we are exactly the same age. Do with that what you will! Goodnight, all!

1 comment:

M. Mehta said...

I watched that Oprah. Hilarious!

Glad y'all are feeling better!!!