Monday, November 24, 2008

"Grape Expectations"

also:
"It's been grape knowing you."
and:
"Grape job, Mom! You vine-ally finished it."
finally:
"The grape Thanksgiving caper, 2008."

I think you get the gist of it. I just spent an hour (!!!!!!) cutting up two ginormously huge bunches of grapes for R's preschool party tomorrow:

Gaaaaah.
You may remember I bravely volunteered myself for napkins for Halloween. This time, I was the first to sign up, and for some inexplicable reason, I snatched up grapes. Basically, I was thinking of taking grapes to an adult party, where most of the attendees aren't at mortal risk of swallowing one and choking on it. About 10 minutes later, it hit me that I would actually have to quarter these babies up for them to be presentable for the toddler set. Chop, chop! I think I better stick with paper goods.
Also, I have not started packing yet for our 8 day trip to Florida. We leave tomorrow after we pick up R from school. Egads! And yet, here I am, blogging and posting pictures of cut-up fruit instead....which is just riveting blog content, really.
I hope you all have a wonderful, festive Thanksgiving. I know I have many blessings and gifts for which I consider myself extremely thankful. I am signing off for the next week or so, but will be back with loads of pics and a post-feast update. Grapes not included. Hugs to all, y'all.

3 comments:

Erin said...

you crack me up! i see you went for quartered grapes...no one will be able to fault you for that. :)

Shelly said...

Dear God, I hope not...

M. Mehta said...

You are a stellar mom for that grape action.

Have a wonderful trip! Hugs to David, and Happy Thanksgiving!