Monday, September 29, 2008

Pom-pom-pomp, Pom-pom-pomp-pomp-pano

(Sung to the tune of the Sanford & Son theme song)

Reese and I are back from a great weekend with David. We stayed in Pompompomp, Pompompomppompaano Beach. Sorry, it cannot be said any other way amongst this family. Seriously, we drove through (oh, okay) Pompano Beach all weekend singing our modified Sanford & Son song. And really, it fit the town quite well. Our hotel was just fine [Ocean Sands Resort: (use dramatic voice) "where the ocean meets....the sand"....aka, the BEACH, people].
[(BTW, do you like the use of brackets AND parentheses in one sentence? Is that even correct?)]
It worked out great, we were directly on the beach, as promised by the dramatic tag line, and we had a two bed, two bath suite with a kitchenette (is that spelled correctly? Mac says so but it looks wrong to me--apparently you are my grammar coaches with this entry), plus there was a spa and I got an 80-minute "top to toe" massage. So it was great for us. But I don't think we'll be back because frankly, Delray itself is much more charming. And also easier to utter without breaking into a TV theme song.
So, I like y'all and I have been all heavy duty lately and thought maybe it was, oh, I don't know, time to post some PICTURES or something. Sorry it's taken so long, seriously.
My precious ones, heading into the water. Love how David is "looking both ways"--such a protective Daddy. ;)

"Jumping" in the booms

Really jumping in the booms! And we wondered why she always wanted her Daddy to take her in the water....
.
Coming back from the booms! (Also, my husband is HOT!) ;)

Hey, SAND!

"I'm going to CRYYYYYY" followed by said promise. This happens a lot, so I don't recall what the particular announced episode was about. Oh well, she's 2, after all.

And yet another toddler in the hotel furniture pic. And a pretty dead-on Gene Simmons impersonation, thank you very much. We're so proud. :)

1 comment:

M. Mehta said...

Fun! Love that R continues the tradition of hiding in hotel furniture. It wouldn't be right without at least one such pic! And I think you're spelling and grammar looks spot-on. :)