Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No worries!

Um, hi?
Okay, that dark cloud, gloomy, brooding, bad attitude from yesterday has passed, as predicted. I'm back to my regular chipper self! Thanks to everyone who emailed or called and tried to talk me off the ledge. I am okay, we are okay, it was just a passing state of mind. And lady hormones. It's nice to be back to normalcy!
We had another swim lesson today and R is back to her old tricks and swimming like the mermaid princess she is. I decided we'll cool it with the lessons for awhile and let her adjust to everything else happening, so that will be the last lesson for a little while. We can't really practice anyway, so it makes sense. But in FL, I am sure she's going to have a ball in the pool. Gwen told me we needed to get in the pool 2x a day there. Ma'am, yes ma'am! She is actually about as kind as she can be--just funny to get marching orders that include mandatory pool time. Twist my arm!
(Funny tangent story about Gwen: the gals sitting next to me in my EASB committee meeting today were talking about how their kids took lessons with Gwen, which I thought was really ironic since I was basically heading there right after the meeting....then, as we were wrapping our lesson up, the next "student" arrived, and lo and behold, the mom is a girl I know from grad school--also ironic, but especially so because I just recently reconnected with a grad school friend and it just seemed like such a small world, all of this happening...it also seems like Gwen is a social networking connection for me...it's all too much to be a coincidence, right?)
So, the sleeping disruption was a fluke too, Reese is back to sleeping long 3 hours naps and soundly through the night, bless her sweet little heart.
We're gearing up for our trip tomorrow. I'm getting really excited!
Not much else is new. I'm heading to a Karen Huber fundraiser tonight with Mom. I need to get some work done. I need to pack. I should probably work out considering the getting in a swimsuit issue, coupled with McD's for lunch today. Of course, I am sitting here, blogging instead. Hmm, maybe I should go check Facebook for the 10th time today? Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Toodles, y'all!

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Glad you're feeling better! Have a great time in FL and 'hi' to David for us!!

Shelly said...

Will do! :)