Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baby BOOM!!!

It is absolutely amazing to me how many of our friends have had babies (especially this week) or are pregnant! Something in the water here in ATX!
So, within the past month or two, Missy & Charly welcomed their second son (Ian), Reagan & Chip welcomed their 3rd child (Lucas), and my friend from college Becca welcomed their second child (Miller).
This week, on Tuesday, two babies came! Anne & Cord welcomed their second daughter (Tinsley) and Clayton & Andrew welcomed their 3rd child (Helen), and today Melissa & Janna welcomed their new daughter (Simone).
Plus several of my dear friends are expecting. I will update you as those precious bundles come along. It's always so exciting to get that email telling you a new baby has arrived, with all the vital stats, and announcing the name. Speaking of names, every single one of those names I just listed are beautiful, fabulous names--great job, Moms and Dads!
I was going to try to post a funny video I shot of R this morning, as we were getting ready for school. She was unabashedly admiring herself in the mirror and making up the funniest songs as she did so. But I am looking at my video camera and am totally dumbfounded--the A/V plug thing is unlike any I have ever seen. So I am going to try to track down one that will work. Sit tight, kids, we will have A/V at some point.
In the meantime, I'll do a quick preschool update: the drop-off is becoming a nonissue. R saunters in the school on her own, walks right into her room and up to the craft table and starts in, talking to her teacher and the kids, pausing long enough to turn and say, "Bye, Mom!" (which will eventually morph into being embarrassed & ignoring me in 10 or 12 years, so I am enjoying it while I can), and I leave without soliciting any emotional response. The teacher said she did great today--went out on the playground and had a great time (almost like a normal child), interacted, and didn't even cry...until the last 5 minutes. So of course, when we walk in to pick her up, there she is, wailing as she waits at the door. Oh well, she bounced back pretty quickly. I predict next week will be even better because they have "Zoo Day" scheduled for Tuesday. The director told me the guy that brings those exotic animals on the David Letterman Show actually lives in central TX and is going to be bringing some of his animals up to the church for the preschool classes to view. He does an "interactive" presentation and they all get to view the animals and pet some of them too. I think I asked her three times if I needed to be up there, if parents normally attended, etc. She pretty much said no all three times--bummer, I think that sounds so cool! I might have to loiter.
I got a flu shot today and my arm is sore, so I am going to break from typing and try to see if we have anything that matches up with the weird A?V slot in our house....ciao until later!

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Wow, this is a crazy week of babies!!!
Sounds like school is getting better, which rocks.
Can't wait to see the vid!

ashley said...

Love the baby names! Picking the perfect name for a child can be so difficult!!