Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bun's still in the oven; the oven's now in bed

After two trips to the hospital in as many days, I am now officially on strict bed rest at home. Yesterday, we were being overly cautious about whether things were "starting"; they weren't, so we were sent home. Today, Mom went with me to my weekly doctor's appointment and my old reliable, high blood pressure, was rearing its ugly head. So, she sent us to L&D again. I actually was prepping myself for induction today, but after awhile (and laying on my side), BP went down. Since I was responding to lying down, I am now on strict bed rest (potty breaks only, the rest of the time in bed). We'll do this for a week and go in for induction at 37 weeks....hoping to keep him in as long as possible! Also, we're tired of false alarms and sitting around the hospital!

So. I'd love to hear about anyone else's bed rest experiences. Besides movies, books, TV, and potty breaks....any advice on fun things to do?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Online shopping? :)

Take care!! xoxo

M. Mehta said...

LOL, Erin. Only you. . . :)

Shelly said...

Good suggestion--and yes, that will be on the agenda! I am pretty much done w/ Christmas so may look into a few house things....

ashley said...

I lasted 4 hours on strict bedrest so I don't have good suggestions! Reading, shopping online, playing games, watching t.v. and lots of eating-- that's what I would do. :)