Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dropped, locked and loaded!

Getting closer, in so many ways! So many things to be thankful for this year!

The house has been mainly moved over....now we just need to unpack. Thank goodness we can stay with my parents for a few nights. Thank goodness we have so many wonderful friends and family who are helping us in every way imaginable right now.

We had a doctor's appointment this morning and we got some unexpected and exciting news! The baby is FULLY dropped into my pelvis (nowhere to go but out), I am 3-4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She said if I was 2 weeks further along, she would have broken my water and we would have had a baby today. As it is, we have very strict instructions to follow and things to watch--she's concerned that it's going to be a *VERYFAST* labor when I do start up due to his position and how I'm progressing, and she wants me to be able to get an epidural. I could have the baby anytime from tonight until two weeks from now. If we do end up inducing, she is very pleased that my body is starting things naturally--apparently it's much better that way. It was such an encouraging appointment and I am truly overjoyed to make it to 35 weeks with everyone healthy and happy so far.

I'm going to try to relax as much as possible and keep him in a little longer (wimpy white boys and all that), and also try to enjoy my last few moments/days of being pregnant for what is most likely the very last time.

Everyone have a wonderful holiday tomorrow and I will keep you updated as soon as I can. There will be news soon, that's for certain!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness - that's crazy that you're so far along! But wonderful news all around. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Keep me in the loop! I can wait to hear of the arrival of Baby boy Bain! xoxox

ashley said...

Can't wait to meet the little guy! (maybe this week!)