Sunday, November 15, 2009

Update: no news is good news!

Here we are, trucking through week 33....we had a little scare at the doc's office this week--I thought we might be heading off to the hospital for a short while and then was pretty sure she'd put me on bed rest, which didn't end up happening. Yet. But the BP is creeping back up, so we're keeping an eye on it. I am officially off all carbs so we can monitor my "puffiness" (technical, eh?) and have been to ordered to slow down and rest more. Which is only kinda sorta happening. Except for today--R got sick overnight and coughing turned into vomiting, so we are laying very low today. Poor girl!

Before all this, we went to Kiddie Acres park for a spur-of-the-moment visit last weekend with the Shiflets. I didn't snap any pics, so I'm stealing Cord's. Also, our camera officially kicked the bucket, so we don't really have any recent pics....hopefully we'll get a new one soon. Anyway, Kiddie Acres = awesome old school fun. And you can do all the rides (which basically all consist of some version of going around and around in a circle) in about 45 minutes.

The carousel!


The airplane (R's favorite)!

Wind in their hair....


The pony ride!


The boats!


(Check out the equipment! David asked if they got their tetanus shots after their visit...)

Otherwise, we have been busy worker bees trying to prepare for the move--overseeing the few changes we are having done, buying new furniture and other items, etc. Just not packing yet. And we move next week. Oh well! It'll happen!
At this point, we are really feeling like we are into a week-to-week schedule as far as the baby's arrival goes. We are very hopeful we can make it past TG, which will mean he's 35 weeks along and we're in the new house.
Will keep everyone posted as to any new developments that happen at this week's appointment--I'm really hoping I don't have to go to bed just yet....

3 comments:

M. Mehta said...

What a CUTE place! Where is this Kiddie Acres???

I hope you're getting some rest and taking it easy as much as you can.

And I hope R is feeling better!!!

Shelly said...

Monique--
It's up north, exit Mopac at Howard and take Howard west a mile or two, then it's on the right. Really cute place! I recommend it! :) There are also a few other rides--a "ferris wheel" with the cages and a train that circles the whole place, plus a putt putt course.

Sarah said...

Keeping you in my prayers. Wow you have a lot on your plate! I wish I was in Austin and could come pack for you! Hang in there.