Monday, November 23, 2009

Holding pattern

We are prepping to move on Wednesday--we've packed up a lot and the movers come in and do the rest starting tomorrow. We're spending a couple of nights with my parents and then settling in over the weekend. I will not be online (as) much or blogging in the meantime, but hope to update early next week....when I might have a LOT of time to be online, considering how high the BP has shot up in the past couple of days. We went in today and confirmed our home kit isn't "off," that my BP was really skyrocketing. My OB wasn't in, but we talked with the nurse at length (after 2 tests) and she said to take it really, really easy (no more packing or moving for me) and also has me doing some, ahem, additional monitoring that isn't particularly pleasant, so I'll spare you the details. We go in and meet w/ our OB on Wednesday--I have a feeling she'll officially put me on bed rest at that point. But I'm going to go ahead and mainly do just that anyway. The numbers we're getting coupled with my all-night -long headaches are convincing me that I need to slow it down.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Have a wonderful and safe holiday.

4 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Thinking of you! Take it easy, please. You have lots of fabulous people surrounding you to help. :) xoxo

Sarah said...

Keeping you in my prayers!

emmylou + miller said...

I hope everything goes smoothly! Such an exciting time in so many ways- try to sit back and take it easy! If there's anything you guys need, please don't hesitate to ask. We'd love to pick up Reese for a playdate if y'all need some time for other things! Happy Thanksgiving!
xo, becca

Erin said...

Hang in there and take it easy! I second Becca's invite for a playdate. The kids had such a fun time in the bounce house on Saturday -- we could bring her over and return her exhausted. :)