Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting along swimmingly

So, Reese has been taking these super-amazing, intensive swim lessons this week. I don't know how this woman does it, but the toddlers are all swimming underwater: kicking, using their arms, getting themselves to the stairs. Incredible stuff!
These pics aren't the greatest--I took them with my iphone from inside the house--parents are not allowed to be visible to, and therefore distracting, the students.
There's my daughter--underwater, swimming to Ms Gwen on her own! Freaky and awesome at the same time!

Floating on her back as a "Rest"--Gwen told me she had her floating completely on her own at one point--somehow I missed that...

However, R is not entirely sold on the process. She did attempt a few getaways.

Fortunately, Ms. Gwen is faster and stronger than Reese.

Thanks to the Shiflets for organizing this. And yes, their pool area/backyard is nicer than most 5-star resorts....
the adults get in tomorrow and learn the tricks to getting them to swim like this at home. Mom is going to come along while Dad and I get in, and I will get her to take some better pictures.
Okay, I am totally inspired and am going to throw on my suit and grab my kickboard to squeeze in a little water exercise myself before we head to R's preschool open house tonight. Fun but busy day!

3 comments:

emmylou + miller said...

What a little fish!

Maybe our girls can go swimming together soon. I have a feeling it'll be plenty hot enough for a while longer...

Great catching up with you!
Becca

M. Mehta said...

INCREDIBLE!!! I cannot wait to see the pics from tomorrow. Keep us posted!

Stephreese said...

She's going to be a swimming machine before we know it!! Hope yall had a great time meeting the teachers at the preschool!!!