Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"We're wearing green..."

"...so nobody can pinch us today!" I swear I've heard this about 15 times already. I guess the traditions of St. Patrick's Day have made an impression on little Reese. She is pretty sure she doesn't want to be pinched! Can't say I blame her, I never wanted to be pinched either. To this day, I am pretty careful about wearing some shade of green at all times on March 17th.





So I've obviously lost the Barbie battle. Sigh. R's been wanting them for about a year now, and our sitter got her the Cinderella doll for Christmas and my folks got her Sleeping Beauty under the auspice of "but it's not really Barbie, it's a princess doll!" Riiiight. Oh well, you win some, lose others.
R was belting out Rihanna's "Umbrella" on the way to the ranch yesterday (we've popped out there for 2 day trips as part of our spring break week). She also calls Cinderella "Cinder-ella, ella, ella, ey, ey." Barbie and Rihanna, such great role models! Ay ay ay.
We have yet another green ensemble to wear today, so there may (or may not) be another post later this afternoon....

3 comments:

M. Mehta said...

LOL. I will not be turning to you for advice on how to keep Barbie away in 2-3 years, I guess. ;-) R looks precious, as always. Happy St. Patty's Day! Enjoy the ranch!

Shelly said...

Yeah, there wasn't much to be done--Krista gave her the first Barbie one night when she was babysitting her. She actually (really, truly) got lost for over a month and I thought she'd forget about her but she remained distraught the entire time. Oh well!

emmylou + miller said...

Reese looks absolutely adorable in those photos!