Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I feel pretty...or, tell me what to wear so I will!

Okay, so we had a great weekend, went to a RW neighborhood happy hour party on Friday at a house up the street and had a great time--kids everywhere, nice folks, etc. Then on Sunday we went to Emmylou's really fun and cute 3rd b-day party. Of course we took pics, but David took them on his camera and despite (because of?) constant badgering, I still haven't been able to get (force?) him to email them to me. So I will post those as soon as I, ahem, get them.
A few quick pics of our frou frou doggie girl, Miss Greta von Gretszky, as we like to call her. She went to the groomer yesterday for the first time, and my, oh my, how fancy is she? She's fluffier than any other dog I have ever seen, softer than I could have imagined, and smells better than most humans do, blogger included. Oh yes, and she came home with a bow!!! Much to David's horror and mine and R's delight! Check it out:




So, yes, she feels pretty, oh so pretty.



Now, moving on, quickly....
I need some advice, blog buddies! My lovely friend Jane invited us to an event she is co-chairing, the Texas Film Hall of Fame Gala. I have always heard such great things about this event and have wanted to go, so I am beyond excited! And also having a major wardrobe meltdown! The theme of the event is "Red Hot," so red is a natural choice. Mother Nature decided to be awesome and it is going to 35 degrees and pouring (much-needed) buckets of rain on us. At least that's what they tell us. Anyway, the event isn't black tie, it's apparently got a more hip, cool vibe to it (some folks dress up more, some wear jeans). I have this one-shoulder ruffle black cocktail dress--which I would wear with stilettos and bare legs. I'm thinking it's too dressy and not exactly weather-appropriate. I also have this new blouse that I am liking quite well--red and very pretty--which I would wear with black pants and either dressy wedges or heels. The event is Thursday and it sounds like there will probably be a celeb seated at our table. I'm not telling who until I know that it's okay for me to say. Now I need your input--have you been to this one? Do you have a good vibe about either ensemble? Scratch them both and start over? Talk to me, people.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

So far, the emails I have received have been overwhelmingly in favor of the black dress. I'm trying to figure out if I should wear it with tights or hose, and obviously closed toe heels....
Keep the comments coming, by email or post here!

M. Mehta said...

Exciting! You will look fabulous either way. Can't wait to hear the after-report.

And Greta looks adorable. :)

emmylou + miller said...

Love the red blouse, but I, too, was going to suggest wearing the black dress but dressing it down with tights and more casual shoes and jewelry. Maybe a chunky red ring or red earrings to stick with the theme? A bright red clutch? It looks like you could possibly put a belt over that dress, too, to dress it down.

But what do I know?! You'll look gorgeous no matter what!

Can't wait to hear about the event! Have fun!

emmylou + miller said...

btw, that bow on greta: too cute!