Sunday, March 29, 2009

Family, friends, fun

Whew, life's been a blur! And will continue on in much the same fashion for the next week! But all in a good way.
Last weekend, my uncle Alan and aunt Jolene and their oldest daughter Jenny and her three sons Shawn, Mikey and James came to visit. We all met up at the ranch, along with my grandparents (briefly) and aunts Becky, Kathy and Lissa and cousins Dylan and Tessa (briefly). I got almost zero pictures because I get so caught up in what is going in, 9 times out of 10 it completely slips my mind that I should capture the moment. Reese loved seeing everyone, and I did catch a particularly funny interaction she had with baby James. She kept saying to him, "Oh, honey. It's okay." Over and over. And then giving him a kiss. Which may have been disconcerting to the lad because he was not a tiny bit distressed at the time. But I guess that's what she thought she should do...


I know it's okay, silly girl. I just want to stare at Buddy in peace.



Tessa turned 21 last weekend! Happy birthday, Tessa! Woohoo!

These cupcakes were a highly sought after commodity out at the ranch amidst all the youngsters...

I love spring. We have been outside as much as humanly possible lately, oak allergies be damned. We go out and play, eat, hang out, I sit by the pool while R naps, whatever. Just to be out in the beautiful weather. Then I take loads of meds so I can do it again the next day, although allergies or a cold or something caught up with me a few days ago and made life miserable. We're finally getting over it--oddly, R wasn't bothered by it, so maybe it's D and my allergies, honed from many years of living in an allergy hotbed. Either way, here are some of the outdoor shots.
Reese, ready for fun in the sun!

Fun w/ GvG


Wheeeee!


Here's where my photos start to get pretty dodgy. So, a few of us surprised Erin with an early birthday gathering on Friday night. This is the only shot that even makes sense posting. None of the others turned out. She was quite surprised, and sadly, I could only stay for about 10 minutes after she arrived, because it was my grandmother Margaret's 87th birthday. I was late to that and flustered and apparently failed miserably at getting any decent shots there!

But luckily, there was another much better shot I got in an email from Erin's surprise--thanks for sending it, M!

Then, D's parents and sister and fam came in town for the Capital 10,000. Here are the "racers" lined up in our yard before heading out this morning. It was chilly! Blake ran most of it and Christine walked really fast. The rest of just had fun finishing...

And the cousins hung out at our house with a sitter. Reese was in heaven playing with her cousins last night and this morning! And is taking a much needed long nap!

So much fun. And it's Sunday, so here comes a new week, so let's do it again...not exactly the same things but the same pace...I'll see you on the flip side of the week, most likely! Have a good one!

4 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Wow! What a full weekend!!!!! Awesome Bain Family on the Cap 10K. Good job, all!!!

ashley said...

fun and busy week!!

that last picture is super cute-- and i can't believe how much reese looks like her cousins!!

M. Mehta said...

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to comment on Tessa turning 21!! Where'd the time go?!?! WOW! Happy Birthday to Tessa!

Erin said...

K does the, "it's okay, honey; I'm here" every time Quinn even thinks about crying - it's so sweet, even though most of the time she just wants him to get off of her! :)