Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy IWotYC

What did you do last week to celebrate the International Week of the Young Child? What, didn't you know? Honestly, I think R's preschool made this one up. Anyway.

So, Monday was supposed to be "hat day." Check out our precious girl! We got into it. But we got to school and she was the only one wearing a hat. Poor thing--"Mommy? Why aren't the other kids wearing hats?" Bummer. :(


Then, Tuesday was "crazy clothes day," and a few more participated. At least, I think they were participating...possibly unintentionally...R picked out her ensemble of polka dot pants, unicorn shirt and leopard sweater. Nice!



The grand finale was a mini-carnival at Valley View. All the CDC programs joined up for pony rides, train rides, face painting, bounce houses, etc. A great time was had by all!

Reese and her friend Iman.


A new playground to explore! Daddy joins in on the fun.



With Ms. Esparza and Evelyn.


The class was so cute in their hand-painted tees.


Why was I the only parent conned into riding the train? Oh well, it was fun. And really bumpy.


Happy belated International Week of the Young Child, BTW!!!!

2 comments:

emmylou + miller said...

Oh, I'll have to put IWotYC on my calendar for next year! I think it falls exactly one month after National Potato Chip Day so I'm sure I'll remember next time. ;)

Reese looks adorbs in her crazy clothes!

M. Mehta said...

We celebrated, too!! Monday was pajama day (apparently not too many kids got the memo? lol), Tuesday was crazy-hat day (Nico wore the hamburger hat! Everyone loved it!!), Wednesday was Silly Socks day, and then a free hot lunch on Thursday. Friday was closed for in-service. I took no pictures, 'cause I'm terrible.

I love, love, love R's hat, outfit and hand-painted shirt-- TOO CUTE!