Thursday, April 23, 2009

Change is for the better! (?)

Big girl bed, night 1, went just fine. Better than expected, actually. Lots of "I miss my crib," and "I want my crib," and "Is my crib still in Austin?" last night, but she laid down and fell asleep really well. Granted, she was wiped out. But she slept and stayed in her bed until 5 a.m., when she came in our room hollering for me, scaring the bejeezus out of me in the process. I went in with her and finally got her back down about an hour later. Reese seems to have sonar tracking abilities. Every time I was sure she was asleep (snoring, talking in her sleep, deep breathing) and moved a fraction of an inch, she sat up and looked at me. Finally, I just told her I would be back very soon to wake her up and she was either satisfied with that or too sleepy to argue.
Here she is, getting ready to be tucked into the big girl bed for the first time.

And this is how we found her when we went to wake her up for school. Planning her escape in her sleep, I guess?


We took Greta in for her first big grooming sesh today. She went in a fluffy furball and came out poodle-fied. And this is asking them to keep her coat longer than they wanted to cut her! And with a "teddy bear head," whatever that means. If anyone has a good grooming rec in ATX, please pass it along.

She looks cute but I miss all the mounds of fur.

Sorry for the pics--they are all from D's iphone and will have to do for now!

2 comments:

SGuilbeaux said...

The bed is Super Cute!! And of course Greta is too!! I hope that tonight goes well too!!! She's becoming such a big girl!

M. Mehta said...

Big milestone! Go, Reese!