Wednesday, December 10, 2008

sigh

I am so technologically challenged, it's ridiculous. I cannot download the video from R's performance of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" because I cannot locate a cord that fits into my camera. Every time I leave to run errands, this dilemma completely evaporates from my brain. The brain drain is not indicative of my tech-deficiency, however--that's a whole other ball game.
Also, I have been instructed not to download the pics from D's fancy schmancy camera because there are over 1K pics, and he wants to delete some so there aren't so many. So, I give you....nada. I will get it up here within a few days though, I promise, because it is so very funny.
I did receive an email from our dear friend, Damian, featuring a clip from the documentary being made about his Texas Chair exhibit, currently showing at AMOA. I thought maybe throwing that in as video would be a good practice run for me, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a YouTube clip show up as playable video on the blog. After much teeth-gnashing and hair-tearing, I decided screw it, I am just going to link it the old-fashioned way. Which I only learned how to do two weeks ago. Seriously, I should not be allowed to own a computer, much less this fantastic Mac that I use to about .0004% of its potential.

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

AH, I was just in your predicament not a few weeks ago. . . Thankfully I have Dr. Royal to coach me thru most of my technological disasters.

You probably need a Fire Wire cable, which you can get a Radio Shack or Best Buy or any other similar type store that you probably never frequent. ;-) Take your camera with you, just in case!

If you can see a video on YouTube or Google, then you can copy the entire coding next to the word "Embed" (to the right of the video screen) and paste it into your blog post. But you will need to do it on the "Edit HTML" tab in Blogger, not the "Compose" one.

Does this make sense? I can show you next time I see you. But, if you're impatient like I am, then you probably would rather play with it sooner. :)

Can't wait to see the performance video!

Shelly said...

Of course (of course!!!) we own the Sony Handycam, which does not have a normal fire wire or USB cable. It has to be specially ordered. Except I cannot figure out for the life of me how to find it online. Can't it be easy?
Sorry for talking a big game about video. It'll be a while...