Sunday, June 15, 2008

Double posting day!

To make up for the lack of posts in the past week, and also the fact that I will be mainly out of town the next 3 weeks (but still hopefully posting somewhat), I am double posting today! Yippee! Hooray! Cue the confetti!
Mainly because I also have to share these pictures that make me laugh. Or at least sort of snicker.
Pics from R's second boating trip (b/c I forgot the camera the 1st time--a total F in Mommy 101):
Wind in the face

Sort of acknowledging me

Just another day out boating, ho hum

These make me laugh b/c she looks so non-plussed by the whole very cool, very fun situation. I swear my child smiled today! She really did!

There was also some swimming with Papa

and splashing.


Not to mention Mommy pushing R up to RW park for some playtime earlier. Is that an action-packed, fun, SMILE-INDUCING day or what??
On our way back from big D yesterday, we were talking about recording all the funny things kids say and how so much of it is forgotten. So I am going to try to remember to post some of them. Like today, when we were almost to the playground, R realized where she was, gasped and shouted, "OH PARK!!! I FOUND YOU!!!!" Totally cracked me up.

4 comments:

M. Mehta said...

What a sense of humor-- I love it. This looks like a fabulous day. :)

ashley said...

too funny----

just wait until she starts asking who has "pee-pees" and who doesn't :(

Erin said...

love it! the best is when they figure out that they've made you laugh somehow and try to do it again. :)

Shelly said...

Ash--that will be an interesting topic to navigate. We aren't quite there yet! ;)
Erin--I totally agree--R has about three "jokes" in her repertoire (Daddy's a GIRRRRRRL, Mommy's a DOGGIE, and Papa wears DRESSSSSSS), and likes to say them all the time and then announce "Reesie make joke!"