Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Showing off those pearly whites...

Reese has been such a huge help to me lately. She runs all over the house doing small chores and getting things for me or Weston. She & Greta are best buds, too--they are both so sweet to each other.


Of course, R also takes it upon herself to do a few unrequested "chores"....like pulling the barstool into the pantry to help herself to some powdered donuts!


And on that note...R had her first dentist visit (I know, I know, super late) last week. If you're in ATX and need a pediatric dentist, you really ought to check out Dr. Collins at Smiles of Austin. I cannot recommend this office highly enough--what a great first dental experience! Wish there had been a place like this when I was young!

Reese opted to sit on Daddy's lap for her first cleaning.


The water squirter was a little odd. It still is, Reese, it still is....


But she did great, they were all so kind and totally in tune with the needs of a 3-year-old patient. And she got accolades on her oral hygiene thus far (I'll go ahead and accept those, thank you very much).


The office was really great: kids' door, extremely cute "theme" room (we were in the fire truck room, for the record), huge toy area/toy vending machines, nicest staff ever...the list goes on....A+ dental experience!


And in other news...

Weston is giving me some good grins and giving Reese some HUGE smiles now!


Even though she wasn't feeling great yesterday (left school early) and today (stayed home entirely), R has made a great recovery and is doing much better. She was having her usual respiratory problems, along with a cough and runny nose. But now, much better! We had a nice day at home, relaxing, doing some laid back crafts and napping. And here she is a few minute ago in the bath...where she was "burping" her "labradoodles" (which were actually Barbies). What an imagination!


Going back to what I said at the beginning: Reese gave herself a bath (all I had to do was pour the water and shampoo her hair), drained it, got herself out and dried off and changed into her nightie, all on her own. What a huge help that was! Sometimes it shocks me how grown up she is, all the things she can do herself and all of the things we're doing with her now. And how she handles everything--she did better at the dentist than I do! I'm always so proud of her. :)

1 comment:

M. Mehta said...

Woohoo! Go, Reese! Hopefully this cures her fear of 'losing her teeth' (David, that's for you!). ;-)

Also, I don't think you're that late to go to the dentist, btw. The new 'guidelines' say by the time your kid's first tooth comes out, which is ABSURD. Why would I bring a 4-6 month old to the dentist? My pedi said, unless there are problems, age 3 is just fine. :) I'm keeping that place you went in my mental files for 2 years from now. LOL!

Oh, and just love that R is so grown up and giving herself a bath! Awesome.