Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blogging, sans visuals

David went off this weekend with my digital camera, so I am limited to words without images with this entry. Although I need to figure out something before tomorrow--R's first day at her new preschool. That will require documentation.
We've been having a lovely time. D is off enjoying VT and upstate NY with a good friend. I'm getting great updates and it sounds like a blast--so much so, that I think we'll plan a family trip to VT sometime late next summer.
We had a wonderful anatomy scan last week--I am officially 20+ weeks pregnant--past the halfway mark! The baby looked great, all the measurements and organs looked right on target and he weighs approximately 13 oz., which is exactly where he should be and then some. We'll have to monitor his growth and make sure he continues to grow as he should--one drawback of the PAPP-A numbers we got back at 12 weeks, but so far, so good.
I'm not sure I've blogged about this yet--D got accepted in to the Project Management graduate program at St. Ed's! He starts in a couple of weeks! We are so excited--the program really sounds like a perfect fit for him. He's also started a SUP meet-up group here in town and has about 25 members. They are planning their first outing next week. He's been really into SUP'ing and can now boast SUP experiences in CA, TX, and VT. I can't wait until next summer, when I can try it out--it seems like a blast.
Friday, R and I went to her preschool open house and stayed the entire time! We were literally the first ones there and next to last to leave. And she wanted to go back immediately--even talking about it as she was drifting off to sleep that night! The classroom is wonderful--loads of fun lessons and toy centers to play with, the teachers have tremendous amounts of experience and are as kind as you would expect seasoned preschool teachers to be (they read books to R at the OH, and one even told her she'd make her some crowns over the weekend!), and the other students seem sweet (mainly). We'll see how drop-off/first day/enforced nap goes tomorrow, but I have high hopes. I am crazy about the program and just know that R is going to benefit from it tremendously. I won't forget Bunny this time, either.
Yesterday, Erin and I went to an alum luncheon at the ADPi house. It was part of their rush week festivities, and we had fun seeing all the changes to the house (looks a lot better!), chatting with some really cute and friendly girls, and catching up w/ our favorite sitter, Krista. K emailed me to tell me we were the "cutest alums there," but we were really the only ones under the age of 75, so I'm taking that with a grain of salt. It was kind of random (appetizers billed as lunch, which does NOT fly w/ the pg lady, a few shopping booths set up, and a slide show of rush from last week), but we enjoyed spending time there and also getting a chance to hang out together. Afterwards, R played with Kellen and Quinn and had a lovely time.
We're new members of our community library and have been loving our trips there. We checked out the Lady & the Tramp book last week. R was so taken with it, we went back yesterday and checked out the DVD. Last night,we watched L&T and ate spaghetti, fittingly enough. R was so funny slurping it up just like the dogs do!
Today, we've had a lazy morning, eating a big brekkie and getting ready to head over to Tatum's 3rd b-day party. I'm going to spend some time making sure we have everything completely together for school tomorrow, then we'll probably watch another movie and have a relaxed evening.
It should be noted that this morning, R told me, "You're the Queen of Monaco." That's quite an improvement, since I usually spend a good chunk of my day as either Prince Philip or Maleficent. I'll take the promotion.
Please send Reese prayers and good thoughts tomorrow as she begins the new school program. It will be a transition, surely, but will hopefully go as smoothly as possible.
Grace Kelly, signing off....

No comments: