Monday, June 8, 2009

Need advice

**GROSS OUT WARNING***
I added a pic of the bruise below--it's the best I could do while retaining some modesty, but it's a real whopper and I just had to share for those of you who enjoy a good gross out. The thing you can't see? That it is raised about 1/2--3/4 of an inch off my leg. Yikes....

So, being the grade-A klutz that I am, I took a pretty major spill in the shower yesterday. I somehow managed to get my foot caught under the shower door, while falling and landing on the step, on my hip/thigh. I have the nastiest bruise possible, a huge welp that takes up about 1/3 of my thigh, feels solid as a rock, and is raised a half inch. Did I mention ouch?? I am icing it and taking pain meds, but am wondering if anyone out there has any advice on a way to treat bruises, if it's possible? It seriously hurts when the sheets touch it--sleeping was not an easy feat last night. Any and all advice is appreciated. And I will post later with pics. R has her first dance class today, which should be entertaining...

It's a nasty one....


Consider yourself warned....


6 comments:

SGuilbeaux said...

OUCH!! I'm not sure on how to heal bruises! I get them all the time! But I just let them heal themselves. Hopefully someone can help! Can't WAIT to hear about Reese's first dance class!!

ashley said...

Oh my gosh- are you okay? That bruise looks painful!

Michele, Greg, (Lucie, & Malo) said...

When Lucie first started walking and was falling all the time, all the French mom's at the park told me I had to get some Arnica. Not sure if you can find it in the US, but they sell it in the homeopathic section of the pharmacy here as both a cream and pellet (taken orally). It makes the bruise disappear quicker!

Shelly said...

It is pretty painful--I am desperate to clear it up because it looks awful, too! I am going to People's today to see about Arnica--I've never heard of it but they have a good homeopathic selection there and maybe they've got it. Thanks for the tip! How's Lucie's HFM?

Shelly said...

We have Arnica in the states! Yippee! Thanks for the tip, Michele.

Erin said...

No bruise tips, but OOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!! Hope you're okay!