Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let them eat (cup)cake

We are deep in the midst of preparing for the big preschool Valentine's Day par-tay tomorrow. And by "we," I mean ME, naturally! Somehow, I ended up volunteering (actually, being volunteered by R's teachers) to bring the cupcakes. All the paper goods were spoken for! So I have been baking, frosting and attempting to form M&M hearts on the cupcakes this evening. So here are the cupcakes--you can tell they are hearts, yes? Yes?--plus the two extra ccs that don't fit in there, and R's cards. This does not include her backpack and lunchbox, plus other various accoutrements that she takes on a daily basis. I have already told D that I will be needing his assistance in hauling all of this tomorrow.

In the meantime, R has been lounging in front of a movie, licking the bowl....

Ah, the lazy days of youth....

And since she refuses to relinquish said bowl, Greta has been banished to her pin.

PLEASE SET ME FREE!!! :)


I am doing much, much better than I was last week. I didn't mean to be overly dramatic--it was all just really raw then. It's been amazing to find out how many of you have been through this (almost everyone!) and also has been really helpful to hear kind words and some stories. Thank you to everyone.
So here are a few pics from the past two or so weeks...
My parents returned from Hawaii and brought us leis. This one was hung on the door and ended up resembling a heart....and made the house smell amazing for a few days as well.

Reese got some gifts from Hawaii...a grass skirt...

And a swimsuit that was clearly one of those vacay impulse buys that you regret...my parents were telling us to get rid of it almost as soon as they gave it to her. I think we will do just that.

Reese really enjoyed Gigi's visit two weeks ago, and so did we. Gigi and my aunts helped us out so much, and it was really nice to have Gigi in town.

But at some point, a girl has had enough. No more paparazzi, please!


So we are prepared for the school festivities tomorrow. If I remember, I will post a pic of her all dolled up for V-Day. Hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

M. Mehta said...

WOW! You've moved from cut up grapes to cupcakes-- I am impressed!!! They look beautiful. How was the party? Great pics. The swim suit was a little risque. . . ;-)

Shelly said...

Yeah, it was the combination of David taking R to school and not signing me up and the teachers suggesting I bring the cupcakes when I picked her up! Not my plan...paper goods are my specialty! ;) But the ccs turned out just fine, and all the kids had licked the icing and M&Ms off and ignored the cake part when we picked R up.
And yes, the swimsuit is entirely too risque. Truth be told, Reese calls it "my boobie thing." Ahem.