Friday, May 23, 2008

Star struck

I'm such a celebrity gossip dork. I will freely admit it.
So, my dad is in Monaco for the Formula One races over the weekend. He called this morning and was all giddy about spending time with one of the drivers--someone Webb. Not sure, but he was very star struck. Then he told me about his dinner company last night:

He sat next to Kate Hudson (who is dating Lance Armstrong) for a 4 hour dinner. My turn to be star struck! He says she is very fun, charming and down to earth. Oh yeah, and pretty.
The dinner went til 12:30 am and then they went to some Indian tycoon's private yacht until 3 am. Why is Dad partying like a rock star?? I reminded him he's a grandpa. All we did last night was watch Backyardigans and eat microwave dinners.

6 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Ooooo, Mike is rubbing elbows with celebs! I heard Kate and Lance were at Hula Hut "with their kids" last Saturday, too. Maybe next time they'll come over to your parents' house! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am a total celebrity gossip dork with you! Thanks for the update - I just saw a blurb that Kate was no longer w/ Owen! I guess I need to hang w/ Mike to be current!

Shelly said...

Apparently she likes the TX boys....
Dad told me that he met George Lucas today. But he's still all chatty about Mark Webber, the F1 driver. I think he's Dad's new man crush....

M. Mehta said...

OK, I am a huge Star Wars dork, so I'm actually pretty excited about the George Lucas thing! :) hee hee

Anonymous said...

as John just pointed out.. George Lucas on this monumental weekend... Indiana Jones & all. I agree w/ Monique- total Star Wars fan. Go Mike...

M. Mehta said...

Headlines from 5/26/2008 read: Kate Hudson & Lance Armstrong Take Their Romance Public

"The couple was also spotted cruising on a boat in Monaco on Sunday. Pictures showed Lance with his arm around a smiling Kate."

Uh, thanks, but I think Mike broke the news about three days earlier. :)