Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Craziness, continued...

I am currently buried somewhere between living in a listed house (don't recommend it), trudging into the third trimester (yippee! and OMG really?!), getting through an option period (see responses for 3rd trimester), completely ignoring an impending move (whaaa?), and dealing with some really annoying students this semester (whine-gauge going off nonstop). Oh, and tackling gestational diabetes. I miss you desperately, carbs. And chocolate milkshakes. Sniff, sniff.
I just can't seem to keep up with the regular stuff right now, email and blogs and bills (just kidding on the last one). Mainly because of this pesky complete-and-total-lack-of-time thing that seems to be going on right now.
Oh, and guess what else is rocking my world at the moment? Utter and morbid fear of damn H1N1. WHERE OH WHERE are the *$^&*%^*& vaccinations??!!! The news about how the swine flu is affecting small children with respiratory issues and pregnant women is horrifying. And let's see...check and check, we've got both of those in this household.
I should actually be back on the blog with some fun pics next week. We've got a special trip planned! Details to follow!
In other crazy news, we took Reese to see an IMAX. She had no problem with the 3D aspect but a lot of issues with the underwater violence of large fish viciously attacking smaller fish and so on.

In an effort to spread crazy to other folks around town, a group of friends from last year's preschool class met up at Red Robin tonight for dinner. Oh yeah, the kids came too. :)
Reese "styles" Alaina's (already beautifully braided) hair, while Hailey doesn't veil her feelings toward the paparazzi.

Audrey, just being super cutie.

Leiton and Sadie waiting for dinner.

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh, it's Red Robin himself! The girls "flocking" to the restaurant rock star.

Leiton takes the ladies for a spin....

I'm not sure the restaurant patrons will ever be the same, but it was tons of fun for the kids as well as the moms. Reese was pleased as punch to play with her buddies from Noah's Ark.

And now if someone could pass the sanitizer along with a little sanity, that would be much appreciated....xoxo

3 comments:

M. Mehta said...

Life is nuts, but it will settle again. . . some day! ;-) Love Hailey's 'gesture!' tee hee

Sarah said...

I've been a lurker for sometime now and it's prime time I commented. You're such a great writer. I really enjoy reading your blog. FYI, my cousin who is pregnant got the swine flu, along with her two preschoolers and they are all fine. Hang in there with your chaos. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way!

Shelly said...

Hi Sarah! I'm so flattered you read my blog! And I just checked out yours and it made me hungry...will be checking in with you now, too. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I need them, especially since the mommy sitting next to me at dance class yesterday announced her entire family of five had just gotten through the swine flu. I literally said, "ooooh," stood up and walked to the far end of the hall, where I sat for the remainder of the hour. I know it was rude, but I was really close to dropping into a rocking, fetal position. Which might have been even ruder. Good to know preg gals and their young kiddos get through it okay--you forget that with all the doom and gloom on the news!